What is Extension Mobility in Cisco IP Phone?
Cisco Extension Mobility allows users a temporarily access their Cisco Unified IP Phone configuration such as line appearances, services, and speed dials from other Cisco Unified IP Phones. Extension Mobility supports Cisco Unified IP Phones that run SCCP and SIP.
How do I setup a Cisco Mobility Extension?
Complete these steps:
- On Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration page, from the menu select Devices > Phone.
- Click Find.
- On Find and List Phones page, click on Phone1-1.
- Enable Extension Mobility and for the logout profile use Use Current Device Settings.
- Click Save, OK and Reset.
How do I setup a Cisco 6921 IP phone?
- Connect the handset to the Handset port.
- Connect a headset to the Headset port.
- Connect the power supply to the Cisco DC Adapter port.
- Connect a straight-through Ethernet cable from the switch to the network port labeled Network on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6921, 6941, 6945, and 6961.
How do I login to an Extension Mobility Cisco 8851?
To log on to an available phone: ▪ Press Applications button. Select Extension Mobility. Enter your User ID: BlueNet Username ▪ Enter Default PIN: Cisco Phone PIN ▪ Press Submit softkey. Note: First time logging -in you will be required to change your PIN.
How do I set up a mobility extension?
Configure the Cisco Extension Mobility Phone Service
- From Cisco Unified CM Administration, choose Device > Device Settings > Phone Services.
- Click Add New.
- In the Service Name field, enter a name for the service.
- In the Service URL field, enter the Service URL. The format is http://:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?
How do I create a mobility extension?
To configure Extension Mobility, so the end user may use it, perform the following:
- On CUCM Administration page, from the menu select, Device > Phone.
- Click Find.
- On Find and list phone page, click on Phone1.
- Enable Extension mobility and for the logout profile use Use Current Device Settings.
- Click Save and Reset.
How do I change my Cisco IP phone settings?
Using the Phone’s Network Configuration Screen (Cisco IP Phone Models 7905G/7912G) Step 1 Press the Menu button. Step 2 Use the Navigation button to select Settings, and then press the Select softkey. Step 3 Use the Navigation button to select Network Configuration, and then press the Select softkey.
How do I log into my Cisco Extension Mobility?
To Log In to your phone using Extension Mobility:
- Locate the Cisco 7841 phone at your temporary work station.
- Press the APPLICATIONS button to access your Settings.
- Use the Navigation button to select Extension Mobility.
- Enter NetID by typing into the keypad in a text fashion.
Does Jabber support extension mobility?
Extension Mobility. Jabber doesn’t support the Cisco Extension Mobility Cross Cluster (EMCC) feature.
How do I change my mobility pin extension?
Change your Extension Mobility PIN
- Step 1 – Select Set PIN.
- Step 2 – Enter your Current PIN then your new PIN.
- Step 3 – Confirm your new PIN then press change.
Can a Cisco phone be used at home?
Using Your Desk Phone at Home Companies that have Cisco Expressway will be able to bring Cisco 7800 and 8800 series phones home. They can register phones securely back to the corporate phone system. To power the phone, you will need a power supply or power injector. The phone can also directly connect to a home router.
Which is Cisco IP phone supports extension mobility?
This release provides Extension Mobility feature availability on Cisco IP phones that support Cisco IP phone XML services; currently, only the Cisco IP Phone 7940 and the Cisco IP Phone 7960 offer this feature. A device profile comprises the set of attributes (services and/or features) associated with a particular device.
How to enable extension mobility with Cisco CallManager?
Note You may assign a default user device profile to a user for extension mobility purposes. If no profile is specified at the time of the login, Cisco CallManager uses the default profile. You can enable or disable user logins via Cisco CallManager Administration.
How does extension mobility and phone login feature work?
The Extension Mobility feature dynamically configures a phone according to the current user. Note If a login device profile is configured for a Cisco IP Phone 7960 but the user logs into a Cisco IP Phone 7940, the phone takes on the attributes and capabilities of the Cisco IP Phone 7940.
How to set contrast on Cisco Unified IP phone?
Press the Save soft key to set the contrast level, or press the Cancel soft key to exit. During a call, press the + or – on the VOLUME button to respectively increase or decrease the volume. Press the + or – on the VOLUME button while the handset is in its cradle and the phone is idle.