What is a Facebook meta tag?
When a link is shared, both Facebook and Twitter scrape the associated web page and read its tags to display the appropriate information. Facebook uses tags leveraging the Open Graph protocol, a classification system for Web pages that extends beyond those tags already defined in HTML5.
How do you get meta tags on Facebook?
This feature is enabled by default.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’.
- Click on ‘Social’.
- Click on the ‘Facebook’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Add Open Graph meta data’ switch.
- Customize your Open Graph tags.
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
What is meta tag and example?
Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. Example of meta tags include the and elements.
How do I add a meta tag to a photo?
How to add metadata to your image and video files
- Open up the folder on your computer that contains the image or video file.
- PC users: Right-click on the image, and select Properties.
- In the window that appears, you can change the name, add tags, write a description, and more.
What are meta tags?
Meta tags are pieces of information you use to tell the search engines and those viewing your site more about your page and the information it contains. Meta tags include: Title tags: the title of your page, which should be unique for every page you publish. Meta description: a description of the content on the page.
What is image meta tag?
Meta tags are specific snippets of text and image content that provide a summary for a webpage. Often meta tag data shows up whenever someone shares a link on social media, in messaging, or in your business chat software 🙌.
Where do you put meta tags?
tags always go inside the element, and are typically used to specify character set, page description, keywords, author of the document, and viewport settings. Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but is machine parsable.
What is meta tag used for?
The tag in HTML provides information about HTML Document or in simple words, it provides important information about a document. These tags are basically used to add name/value pairs to describe properties of HTML documents, such as expiry date, author name, list of keywords, document author, etc.
How do you write a meta tag?
- Do stick to character counts— Title tag should be around 60 – 72 characters in length or about 5 – 10 words. Meta description should be no longer than 135 – 160 characters.
- Don’t exceed counts—The search engines will simply cut off excess text, potentially causing your links and descriptions to be less readable.
How do I create a meta tag?
How to add meta tags to your website
- Meta tags are basic elements of search engine optimization used to describe the page content.
- To add meta tags to a web page, you need to edit the section of the HTML file.
- Open the HTML file and locate the section near the top of the file.
What are good meta tags?
In this guide, you’ll learn how to use, and not to use, the six most important meta tags for SEO:
- Meta title.
- Meta description.
- Meta robots.
- Meta refresh redirect.
- Meta charset.
- Meta viewport.
How do I get a meta tag?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.