What do surgical sales reps do?
A surgical sales representative sells medical devices and surgical instruments for use in a clinic or operating room. Your responsibilities may include making presentations to surgeons, nurses, and other staff; demonstrating medical device operation; and handling administrative tasks as necessary.
What does a medical device sales person do?
Medical device sales reps are the main contact point for sending out product proposals and quotes that persuade purchase. They’ll conduct presentations for doctors or health executives about their company’s medical device offerings.
How to become a medical equipment sales rep?
How to become a medical sales representative
- Pursue an education. Medical sales representatives need at least a high school diploma or its equivalent, but most have bachelor’s degrees.
- Consider earning certifications.
- Choose a specialization.
- Gain field experience.
- Complete training.
- Grow an online presence.
What is a medical device representative?
Medical Device Sales Representatives meet with health care providers such as doctors, clinics, and hospitals and sell them devices to use in a clinical setting. In many cases, Medical Device Sales Reps also must demonstrate the capabilities of the devices or equipment they are selling.
What is the best medical device to sell?
Top Ten Selling Medical Devices
- Johnson & Johnson.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Philips Healthcare.
- General Electric Healthcare.
- Fresenius Medical Care.
- Abbott Laboratories.
- Becton Dickinson.
How do I sell in the operating room?
SELLING in the O.R. — 6 Rules For Knowing When to Speak Up… and When to Keep Your Mouth Shut
- The Patient Always Comes First. First off, you must always remember that it’s a privilege to be invited into the operating room.
- Confirm Game Plan with the Surgeon.
- Hands-On Review Before the Case.
- Play Nice With Other Reps.
Do medical sales reps go into surgery?
The medical device reps are not part of the operation in that they are never at the surgical field assisting in an operation. While this was a practice decades ago, this does not occur any longer. Device reps are prevented from any direct patient contact.
What are the 5 main qualities a medical representative should have?
Role of Medical Representative: Skills Required
- Proficient in usage of computer software and tools, especially MS Office suite [Word, PowerPoint and Excel]
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Awareness of recent developments.
- Flexible and adaptable to challenges.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
Is medical device sales a good career?
Medical device sales is a highly competitive and demanding field, but it is also very rewarding, so it’s no surprise that many people want to get into this industry and begin their career path.
Do medical sales reps travel a lot?
Professionals seeking autonomy on the job have good reason to be drawn to medical sales. She also notes that a recent study found medical sales reps spend an average of 20 percent of their time traveling overnight.
How hard is medical device sales?
How much can you make selling medical devices?
In fact, according to Med Reps’ recent salary survey, the median total compensation for a medical sales rep is $149,544, with an average base salary of $92,698 and an average bonus of $63,318 in 2018.