What are the types of reinforced concrete?
Fibre Reinforced Concrete
- Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)
- Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete (SFRC)
- Natural Fibre Reinforced Concrete (NFRC)
- Polypropylene Fibre Reinforced Concrete (PFRC)
- Engineered Cementitious Composite (ECC)
What type of reinforced cement concrete is used in construction?
Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) is a composite building material consisting of structural concrete reinforced with a reinforcing material like steel. The most common reinforcement used is steel, due to its complimentary properties and it is called steel reinforced cement concrete or simply Reinforced Cement Concrete.
What is the use of reinforced cement concrete?
What is reinforced concrete used for? Reinforced concrete is used for construction on a large scale, such as bridges, dams, piers, tall buildings and stadiums. It is most commonly used in domestic construction for the footings and foundations of smaller everyday dwellings.
What are the 4 types of concrete?
The Types of Concrete
- Normal Strength Concrete. This concrete combines all the basic ingredients — concrete, sand and aggregate — using the 1:2:4 ratio.
- Plain or Ordinary Concrete.
- Reinforced Concrete.
- Prestressed Concrete.
- Precast Concrete.
- Lightweight Concrete.
- High-Density Concrete.
- Air-Entrained Concrete.
What are the two main types of concrete reinforcing?
Types of Reinforcement in Concrete
- Reinforcing Concrete.
- Traditional Rebar. Rebar is used in poured concrete as a way to add yield strength and tensile durability.
- Post-Tensioned Concrete.
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete.
- PC Strand.
- Round Structural Solutions.
What are the 4 main properties of concrete?
The properties of hardened concrete
- Mechanical strength, in particular compressive strength. The strength of normal concrete varies between 25 and 40 MPa.
- Porosity and density.
- Fire resistance.
- Thermal and acoustic insulation properties.
- Impact resistance.
What are the components of reinforced cement concrete?
Structural Elements of Reinforced Concrete Buildings
- Slab: Slabs are horizontal slab elements in building floors and roof.
- Beams: Long horizontal or inclined members with limited width and height are called beams.
- Column: Columns are vertical members that support loads from the beam or slabs.
What are the advantages of reinforced concrete?
Advantages of Reinforced Concrete
- Strength. Reinforced concrete has very good strength in tension as well as compression.
- Economical. Ad.
- Fire Resistance.
- Seismic Resistance.
- Ease of Construction.
How do you classify concrete?
Classification according to the consistency of concrete 11/87), there are four types of concrete consistency: solid, low-plastic, plastic and liquid. Consistency of fresh concrete is the set of all fresh concrete properties that affect its workability and processability.
Which type of concrete is best?
Usually, plain concrete is used for constructing pavements, footpaths and buildings in areas that do not require high tensile strength. High-strength Concrete – High-strength concrete is prepared by decreasing the water-cement ratio to less than 0.35. Such concrete has strength exceeding 40 MPa.
What are the major types of cement?
Different Types Of Cement
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Rapid Hardening Cement.
- Extra Rapid Hardening Cement.
- Low Heat Cement.
- Sulfates Resisting Cement.
- Quick Setting Cement.
- Blast Furnace Slag Cement.