How to send fax on brother fax 560?
Sending Faxes The 560 allows you to send faxes manually and automatically. In manual mode, you dial the number and listen for the fax tone before sending the documents. In automatic mode, you just enter the number to start the transmission.
How do I scan my Brother printer to fax?
How to Test a Brother Fax Machine
- Insert a document to fax into the fax machine’s page loader.
- Dial 1-888-473-2963 (1-888-hpfaxme) on the fax machine’s keypad.
- Press “Start” or “Send” on the fax machine to begin the transmission.
- Wait a few moments for a return fax from the HP Fax Test Service line.
How do I connect my Brother fax machine to my phone line?
Connect a telephone on the same line as the Brother machine in Fax/Tel Mode.
- Press (Settings). (
- Press All Settings.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Fax.
- Press Fax.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Setup Receive.
- Press Setup Receive.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Ring Delay.
How do you troubleshoot a Brother fax machine?
Problems receiving or sending faxes
- Press the Hook key to verify your Brother machine has a dial tone.
- Make sure your line connections are correct.
- Press the Hook key again to verify the Brother machine has a dial tone.
- Verify that no other applications or computers are downloading files.
How can I test if my fax is working?
Send a one page black and white text fax to 1-888-hpfaxme (1-888-473-2963). When your fax is received by the HP Test Fax Service, we will generate a return fax to you within five minutes confirming that we received your fax. This verifies that you can both send and receive a fax with your fax machine.
Why is my fax not receiving?
Try reconnecting the cable (RJ11 phone cable) between the Fax machine and the ATA. Reboot the Fax machine. This may help re-establish communication between the ATA and Fax Machine even when sending is working. If it still doesn’t work if possible please connect the ATA to another Fax machine to do a test.
How do I setup my brother fax machine?
To put your Brother machine in Fax/Tel Mode, follow these steps:
- Press. (FAX) to illuminate it.
- Press Menu and choose Fax > Setup Receive > Receive Mode.
- Choose Fax/Tel.
- Press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit key. Your Brother machine’s LCD will display the date, time, and “F/T.”
Can Brother printer fax without phone line?
You must have a telephone line to send and receive faxes with your Brother machine.
Why is my fax Not working?
If your business’ fax machine has trouble sending or receiving faxes, a possible source of the problem is the phone line itself. Fax machines require a connection that is free from static and line noise to connect. Poor quality connections will prevent the fax machine from working properly, if at all.
How do I know if my Brother fax is working?
If you have registered your Brother machine’s warranty, fax a piece of paper with the word TEST printed on it to 1-877-268-9575. Brother’s automated Fax Test Sheet and Product Registration system will automatically fax you a confirmation sheet upon receiving your test fax.
Why is my fax not sending?
The Failed (Communication error) could occur for different reasons: The call was disconnected before the fax could be sent. Normally, this error occurs when the far side hangs up. The fax service attempted to send the same message multiple times unsuccessfully.
Can fax out but not receive?
Fax issues where you can send, but not receive is typically an issue with the phone line or incorrect setup. The machine must have a clear and crisp dial tone before faxes can be received.