How do you insert a Cross-reference in Word on a Mac?
Insert the cross-reference
- In the document, type the text that begins the cross-reference.
- On the Insert tab, click Cross-reference.
- In the Reference type box, click the drop-down list to pick what you want to link to.
- In the Insert reference to box, click the information you want inserted in the document.
How do I fix a Cross-reference in Word for Mac?
To update all references in a document, select Edit – Select All (or press Ctrl A), then press F9 or right-click and select Update Field. You can set Word to always update cross-references before printing your document.
How do you insert a Cross-reference in Word?
Insert a Cross-reference
- Click where you want to add a reference.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Expand the Links group, if necessary.
- Click the Cross-reference button.
- Select what you want the cross-reference to point to.
- Click the Insert reference to list arrow and select how you want the reference to be displayed.
How do you format references in Word for Mac?
Use the Citations tool to edit a source
- On the Document Elements tab, under References, click Manage.
- In the Citations List, select the citation that you want to edit.
- At the bottom of the Citations tool, click. , and then click Edit Source.
- Make the changes that you want, and then click OK.
What is Cross-reference example?
An example of a cross reference is a citation at the bottom of a page. To cross reference is defined as to discuss a detail that can be found in another location, often within the same book. An example of to cross reference is to mention a quote that can be found complete in another chapter.
How do I change the format of a Cross-reference in Word?
You can update cross-references manually by pressing Ctrl + A to select all and then pressing F9. Cross-references will also be updated when you switch to Print Preview or when you print (if the Word option Update fields before printing is turned on).
What is the format of references?
“References” is centered 1-inch down. It’s not capitalized, bold, or italicized. The reference citations are double spaced with no additional lines between them. References that go past the first line have a hanging indent.
How do you format references in Word?
In your Word document, click on the References tab in the Ribbon. In the Citations & Bibliography group, click the arrow next to Style. Click the style that you want to use for the citation and source. Click at the end of the sentence or phrase that you want to cite.
How do you cross reference an article?
To cross reference, you would include in the Works Cited, an entry for the entire collection under the editor’s name, plus an entry for each article you are citing, under each author’s name, with abbreviated publication information.
What is the purpose of cross reference?
A cross-reference is a note in a book which tells you that there is relevant or more detailed information in another part of the book. It concludes with a very useful summary of key points, with cross-references to where each key point is dealt with in the book.
What is cross reference example?
How do I format a cross reference in Word 2016?
Click where you want to insert the cross-reference to the table or figure (which has already been captioned). Type text that you want to precede the cross-reference (such as See) and any necessary spacing. Click the References tab in the Ribbon. In the Captions group, click Cross-reference.