How do you check if a business name is taken in Kansas?
Searching the Kansas Name Databases
- Visit the Name Availability Search page. Kansas Business Center: Name Availability Status.
- Search your LLC. On the right side of the page you will see a box with the title “Is the Name Available”.
- Determine Availability. Click the ‘Search’ button:
How do I start a business in Kansas?
- Step 1: Choose the Right Business Idea.
- Step 2: Plan Your Kansas Business.
- Step 3: Get Funding.
- Step 4: Choose a Business Structure.
- Step 5: Register Your Kansas Business.
- Step 6: Set up Business Banking, Credit Cards, and Accounting.
- Step 7: Get Insured.
- Step 8: Obtain Permits and Licenses.
How do I find out who owns a business in Kansas?
You can find information on any corporation or business entity in Kansas or another state by performing a search on the Secretary of State website of the state or territory where that corporation is registered.
Who is required to file Kansas annual report?
If you are a corporation, LLC, or partnership conducting business in Kansas, you must pay $50 to file an annual report every year. There is a $5 fee if you choose to submit your report by mail.
What is a LLC corporation?
A limited liability company (LLC) is a business structure in the United States whereby the owners are not personally liable for the company’s debts or liabilities. Limited liability companies are hybrid entities that combine the characteristics of a corporation with those of a partnership or sole proprietorship.
What is a LLC business?
A Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a business structure allowed by state statute. Owners of an LLC are called members. Most states do not restrict ownership, so members may include individuals, corporations, other LLCs and foreign entities.
How do I look up a business?
Visit: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/ Select “Corporation Name” or “LP/LLC Name.” Enter all or part of your business name next to “Search Criteria.”
What do I need to file my annual report?
What type of information goes into an annual report?
- Your business’s name and address.
- Names and addresses of officers and directors (if a corporation)
- Names and addresses of managers or members (if an LLC)
- Name and address of your registered agent.
- Type of business your company is involved in.
How to close a business in Kansas State?
Search for a business on file with the Secretary of State. Order a CGS for a business on file with the Secretary of State. Close a business in Kansas with the Secretary of State. NOTE: Additional filings may be required with other agencies. Search the Secretary of State’s database to determine if a business name is available for use.
What do you need to know about Kansas Business Center?
The Kansas Business Center is your one-stop shop for starting and maintaining a business in Kansas. The KBC provides information about planning a business, registering a business, operating a business, closing a business, and moving a business to Kansas.
How to file a CGS for a Kansas Business?
Order a CGS for a business on file with the Secretary of State. Close a business in Kansas with the Secretary of State. NOTE: Additional filings may be required with other agencies. Search the Secretary of State’s database to determine if a business name is available for use.
How to file a business form in Kansas?
File an annual report for a business with the Secretary of State. Forms for foreign (non-Kansas) business formation are available at sos.ks.gov Search for a business on file with the Secretary of State. Order a CGS for a business on file with the Secretary of State. Close a business in Kansas with the Secretary of State.