How do I drop a database in Oracle 9i?
Drop Database Manually
- Drop Database Manually in Oracle 9i.
- ————- Drop Database Manually in Oracle 9i ———————
- First get the datafiles, control files and redo log files location from below mentioned script.
- Login to sqlplus as sysdba and execute below script :
How do I drop an Oracle database?
Steps To Drop Oracle Database Manually
- Step 1 : Connect to the database with sysdba privilege. $ export ORACLE_SID=mydb $ sqlplus “/ as sysdba”
- Step 2 : Shutdown the database. SQL> shutdown immediate;
- Step 3: Start the Database in Exclusive mode.
- Step 4: Drop the database.
- Step 5 : Post Change Steps.
How do I delete a database in Oracle SQL Developer?
To delete a database using DBCA:
- Start DBCA as described in “Starting DBCA”.
- In the Database Operation window, select Delete Database and click Next.
- Select the database to delete and click Next.
What is drop database statement?
DROP DATABASE drops all tables in the database and deletes the database. Be very careful with this statement! To use DROP DATABASE , you need the DROP privilege on the database. DROP SCHEMA is a synonym for DROP DATABASE . IF EXISTS is used to prevent an error from occurring if the database does not exist.
How can I see all databases in Oracle?
To locate installations of Oracle database software, look at /etc/oratab on Unix. This should contain all the ORACLE_HOME s installed. You can look inside each of those in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs for spfile. ora and/or init.
Why do we create pfile from Spfile?
A PFILE is a traditional text based init. ora parameter file. Typically this resides on the server in the $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/pfile directory, with a symbolic link pointing to it from the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. A PFILE is necessary in order to create a SPFILE to enable persistent initialization parameters.
How do I find the size of an Oracle database?
Size of Oracle database
- The size of the Oracle database files can be computed several ways: — get database size from v$datafile: select round((sum(bytes)/1048576/1024),2) from v$datafile;
- The size of the sum of table extents. select. segment_name table_name,
- The sum of the size of the data within the tables.
Can’t drop user that is currently connected?
The problem is that the user is not connected according to v$session. Cause: An attempt was made to drop a user that was currently logged in. Action: Make sure the user is logged out, then re-execute the command. The ORA-01940 can always be cured by bouncing the source and replicated instance.
Does drop database delete files Oracle?
When you issue this statement, Oracle Database drops the database and deletes all control files and datafiles listed in the control file. If the database used a server parameter file (spfile), it is also deleted. Archived logs and backups are not removed, but you can use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to remove them.
Does drop database delete files?
Dropping a database deletes the database from an instance of SQL Server and deletes the physical disk files used by the database. If the database or any one of its files is offline when it is dropped, the disk files are not deleted. These files can be deleted manually by using Windows Explorer.
What are types of join?
Types of joins
- Cross join. A cross join returns all possible combinations of rows of two tables (also called a Cartesian product).
- Join/inner join. An inner join, also known as a simple join, returns rows from joined tables that have matching rows.
- Left outer join/left join.
- Right outer join/right join.
- Full outer join.
How can I see all users in Oracle?
SELECT * FROM user_users;
- Oracle ALL_USERS. The ALL_USERS view lists all users that visible to the current user. However, this view doesn’t describe the users.
- Oracle DBA_USERS. The DBA_USERS view describes all user in the Oracle database.
- Oracle USER_USERS. THe USER_USERS view describes the current user:
How to drop datafile from tablespace on Oracle 8i, 9i?
Create a new tablespace to the database. Move all objects – tables, indexes and other objects to the new tablespace. Drop the old empty tablespace. Remove curresponding all datafiles which belongs to dropped tablespace using OS commands. In Oracle 9i also the method is similar to Oracle 8i.
What is drop database command in Oracle 10g?
As part of the tests I’m using the Drop Database command, that made a fast and efficient cleanup of all datafiles, redologs and control files in one command. That way I’m ready to execute the next clone immediately.
Do you have to drop objects in Oracle?
Oracle Database does not drop users whose schemas contain objects unless you specify CASCADE or unless you first explicitly drop the user’s objects.
When to use Oracle drop user Cascade command?
If a user owns any database objects, that user can only be dropped with the Oracle DROP USER CASCADE command. The Oracle DROP USER CASCADE command drops a user and all owned objects.