What happened to The Station nightclub owners?

Owners of the Station nightclub in West Warwick were sentenced Friday for their role in the 2003 fire that killed 100 people and injured countless others. Jeffrey Derderian was at the club on Feb. 20, 2003, the night of the fire.

Who owned The Station nightclub?

Jeff Derderian
This is a police photo of The Station nightclub owner Jeff Derderian taken Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2003, at the West Warwick, R.I. Police Station. Derderian was arraigned on 200 counts of involuntary manslaughter stemming from the fire at The Station nightclub in West Warwick on Feb.

When did the Station nightclub fire happen?

February 20, 2003
The Station nightclub fire/Start dates

Who died in The Station fire?

One hundred died, and about half of the survivors were injured, either from burns, smoke inhalation, thermal trauma, or crushing. Among those who died in the fire were Great White’s lead guitarist, Ty Longley, and the show’s emcee, WHJY DJ Mike “The Doctor” Gonsalves.

Who went to jail for the Station nightclub fire?

Biechele and Michael Derderian were sentenced to serve 4 years in jail and Jeffrey received a suspended sentence and 500 hours of community service.

Who was responsible for the Station fire?

The fire was caused by pyrotechnics set off by the tour manager of the evening’s headlining band, Great White, which ignited flammable acoustic foam in the walls and ceilings surrounding the stage. The blaze reached flashover within one minute, causing all combustible materials to burn.

Who was responsible for The Station fire?

How long did The Station fire last?

Richard Minnich was in the San Gabriel Mountains recently, examining the recovery progress of the trees and shrubs. Five years prior, the Station Fire, which raged for seven weeks, devastated a quarter of the Angeles National Forest.

How long did the Station fire last?

What song was Great White playing when the fire started?

Desert Moon
But the banner outside the Station listed Great White as the night’s headliner. And just seconds after the band launched into their first song, “Desert Moon,” pyrotechnics lit by their tour manager caused a fire to ignite toward the back of the stage.