What are work problems?
Work Problems are word problems that involve different people doing work together but at different rates. If the people were working at the same rate then we can use the Inversely Proportional Method instead.
How do you solve work word problems?
To solve a work word problem, multiply the hourly rate of the two people working together times the time spent working to get the total amount of time spent on the job. Knowledge of solving systems of equations is necessary to solve these types of problems.
How do you solve problems at work scenarios?
- Identify the problem.
- Collect information.
- Consider your options.
- Consider advantages & disadvantages of your options:
- Analyze and evaluate options.
- Choose option and take action.
How do you solve time and work problems?
Important Time and Work Formula
- Work Done = Time Taken × Rate of Work.
- Rate of Work = 1 / Time Taken.
- Time Taken = 1 / Rate of Work.
- If a piece of work is done in x number of days, then the work done in one day = 1/x.
- Total Wok Done = Number of Days × Efficiency.
- Efficiency and Time are inversely proportional to each other.
How do you solve time working problems?
How do you solve working time problems?
Time and work problems
- Example 1: If Art and Rita can do a job in 8 hours (working together at their respective constant rates) and Art can do the job alone in 12 hours.
- Example 2: A can do a piece of work in 60 days, which B can do in 40 days.
What are some examples of problem solving skills?
Some key problem-solving skills include:
- Active listening.
- Decision making.