What are the different types of hair cutting techniques?
Below we discuss the various cutting techniques commonly used in the hairdressing industry.
- Club cutting. This is sometimes referred to as ‘blunt’ cutting and is often used when the top of the hair or the sides.
- Scissor and clip over comb.
What are the basic haircutting terms?
To help you communicate with your stylist and get the best cut ever, we’ve deciphered the most common salon jargon.
- Cutting Line.
- Weight Line.
- Graduated Hair (or Stacked Haircut)
- Wedge Haircut.
- Blunt Cut.
What is hair terminology?
Haircutting (also hair shaping) – is the process of cutting, tapering, texturizing and thinning using any hair cutting tools in order to create a shape. Trimming – removing only split ends with scissors or razor (about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch). Layer cutting – the opposite of a blunt cut.
What is the art of cutting hair called?
Hairdressing, custom of cutting and arranging the hair, practiced by men and women from ancient times to the present. Early records indicate that the ancient Assyrians wore elaborate curly hair styles; by contrast, the ancient Egyptians, men and women alike, shaved their heads and wore wigs.
How short is a number 6 haircut?
Number 6 Haircut When you want your haircut to be three quarters in. long, you go for the number 6 haircut. You can also use it to taper the hair on the sides and all in all end up with a haircut that looks very much like a crew cut.
What is needed to start cutting hair?
5 Fundamental Hair Cutting Tools (+Tips on How to Use them)
- Hair Cutting Shears/Scissors. Shears are the most basic and commonly-used tools to cut hair… but they’re a lot more complex than your basic kitchen scissors.
- Thinning/Texturizing Shears.
- Straight Razor/Razor Comb.
- Hair Clippers.
- Neck Trimmers/Edgers.