What are the basic questions of operating system?
Basic OS Interview Questions
- Why is the operating system important?
- What’s the main purpose of an OS?
- What are the benefits of a multiprocessor system?
- What is RAID structure in OS?
- What is GUI?
- What is a Pipe and when it is used?
- What are the different kinds of operations that are possible on semaphore?
What are the Viva questions asked in operating system?
Operating System Interview Question
- 1) What is an operating system?
- 2) What is the main purpose of an operating system?
- 3) What are the different operating systems?
- 4) What is a socket?
- 5) What is a real-time system?
- 6) What is kernel?
- 7) What is monolithic kernel?
- 8) What do you mean by a process?
What is an operating system question and answer?
What is an operating system? An operating system is a program that manages the computer hardware. it act as an intermediate between a users of a computer and the computer hardware. It controls and coordinates the use of the hardware among the various application programs for the various users.
What is called operating system?
An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware, software resources, and provides common services for computer programs. Operating systems are found on many devices that contain a computer – from cellular phones and video game consoles to web servers and supercomputers.
What is the main purpose of an operating system?
An operating system has three main functions: (1) manage the computer’s resources, such as the central processing unit, memory, disk drives, and printers, (2) establish a user interface, and (3) execute and provide services for applications software.
What are the examples of operating system?
Some examples of operating systems include Apple macOS, Microsoft Windows, Google’s Android OS, Linux Operating System, and Apple iOS. Apple macOS is found on Apple personal computers such as the Apple Macbook, Apple Macbook Pro and Apple Macbook Air.
Which one is an example for OS answer?
Examples of Operating Systems Some examples include versions of Microsoft Windows (like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP), Apple’s macOS (formerly OS X), Chrome OS, BlackBerry Tablet OS, and flavors of Linux, an open-source operating system.
Who is the father of OS?
‘A real inventor’: UW’s Gary Kildall, father of the PC operating system, honored for key work.