How many albums Beastie Boys sell?
20 million records
Beastie Boys have sold 20 million records in the United States, and had seven platinum-selling albums from 1986 to 2004, as well as being the biggest-selling rap group since Billboard began recording sales in 1991.
Did the Beastie Boys get royalties for License to Ill?
“During all this madness, we stopped being paid royalties,” Ad-Rock explains in the film. “We made money for playing shows — big shows like Madison Square Garden shows but zero dollars for the multiplatinum, smash hit Licensed To Ill.”
Who is the highest selling rap group of all time?
The 10 Best-selling Rappers / Hip Hop Artists of All Time (at a glance)
- EMINEM. 227 million units sold.
- DRAKE. 152 million units sold.
- KANYE WEST. 140 million units sold.
- JAY-Z. 125 million units sold.
- LIL WAYNE. 110 million units sold.
- NICKI MINAJ. 106 million units sold.
- FLO RIDA. 102 million units sold.
- TUPAC SHAKUR.
Who owns License to Ill?
|Licensed to Ill|
|Genre||Rap rock hip hop|
|Label||Def Jam Columbia|
|Producer||Rick Rubin Beastie Boys|
Whats the richest rapper?
The World’s Richest Rappers in 2021
- Drake (Net worth: $180 million)
- Master P (Net worth: $200 million)
- Pharrell Williams (Net worth: $200 million)
- Eminem (Net worth: $230 million)
- Sean Combs (Net worth: $900 million)
- Jay-Z (Net worth: $1 billion)
- Kanye West (Net worth: $1.3 billion)
Did the Beastie Boys get along?
They were once best friends, pranksters and White Castle confidants who, together, created the first rap record to hit No. 1. But after 1986’s “Licensed to Ill,” as money and control came into play, producer Rick Rubin and the Beastie Boys split. Rubin and the Beasties never talked through what went down in the 1980s.