How long is police academy in Texas?
The Basic Training Academy is 36 weeks long, and consists of 1431 hours of instruction. The Basic Training Academy is mentally challenging and physically demanding. Police recruits should arrive for training at their peak physical fitness.
How do I join the police academy in Texas?
Police Academy Application Details
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an honorable discharge from the military (if applicable)
- Must never have been convicted of a Class A Misdemeanor or above.
- Not been convicted of a Class B misdemeanor within the last 10 years.
- Must have a GED or high school diploma.
How do I enroll in a police academy?
Each Basic Police Academy applicant must:
- Pass the POST Reading/Writing Test (see test info and schedule);
- Pass the Physical Agility WSTB Test (see test info and schedule); and.
- Complete the Academy Application process including medical clearance, proof of medical insurance, DMV history, DOJ Firearms Clearance.
Do you get paid while in the police academy in Texas?
Q: Do I have to pay a fee to attend the academy? A: You do not have to pay a fee if you are selected to attend the Police Academy. You will receive a salary while attending the academy and receive benefits as a City of Waco employee.
How much does the police academy cost in Texas?
How long is the police academy? The Academy is 18 weeks long (728 hours of instruction). How much is tuition? Tuition is $2,725 and includes; Cadet uniform (4 T-shirts, 3 polo shirts and 1 hat), all textbooks and ammunition.
How much money does a cop make in Texas?
The average salary for a police officer in Texas is around $60,443 per year.
How much does a cop make an hour?
How Much Do Police Officer Jobs Pay per Hour?
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
What is the highest paid job in Texas?
10 highest-paying jobs in Texas
- Anesthesiologists. Employment: 2,550.
- Surgeons (except ophthalmologists) Employment: 3,480.
- Chief executives. Employment: 6,170.
- Family medicine physicians. Employment: 8,380.
- Dentist, specialists. Employment: 670.
- Physicians, all other.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeons.