How do you write a sentence with commas?
- Commas (Eight Basic Uses)
- USE A COMMA TO SEPARATE INDEPENDENT CLAUSES.
- USE A COMMA AFTER AN INTRODUCTORY CLAUSE OR PHRASE.
- USE A COMMA BETWEEN ALL ITEMS IN A SERIES.
- USE COMMAS TO SET OFF NONRESTRICTIVE CLAUSES.
- USE A COMMA TO SET OFF APPOSITIVES.
- USE A COMMA TO INDICATE DIRECT ADDRESS.
How do you use brainstorm in a sentence?
try to solve a problem by thinking intensely about it.
- I can have a brainstorm and be very extravagant.
- Employees get together and brainstorm ideas .
- The team got together to brainstorm .
- I must have had a brainstorm that afternoon.
- Kirby had a sudden brainstorm .
When listing 3 things where do the commas go?
An Oxford Comma is a comma used before the last list item in a list of three or more items. When there are three or more list items, then those following “US convention” should use a comma (often called an Oxford Comma) with the conjunction (usually “and” or “or”).
Can simple sentences have commas?
A SIMPLE SENTENCE has one independent clause. Punctuation note: NO commas separate two compound elements (subject, verb, direct object, indirect object, subjective complement, etc.) in a simple sentence.
What is the example of brainstorming?
To brainstorm is to think about and try to come up with ideas or solutions to a problem, either on your own or in a group. If you and your co-workers sit around and try to come up with new ideas for an ad campaign, this is an example of when you brainstorm ideas.
What is a sentence for unanimous?
Unanimous sentence example. The committee was not unanimous and made no report. Gregory, the last pope whom France has given to the Church, died on the 27th of March 1378, after taking measures to ensure a speedy and unanimous election for his successor.
What type of punctuation is?
They are: the period, question mark, exclamation point, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, brackets, braces, parentheses, apostrophe, quotation mark, and ellipsis. If you want to make your writing easier to read and generally look more professional, you should know what each one is and how to use them.