How do you run an effective softball practice?
The Five Pillars of a Successful Softball Practice Plan
- Catch and Throw.
- Side shuffle, partner toss.
- Catch and Throw Modified (On the Knees)
- 4-1 play and 4-3 play.
- A Dynamic warm-up (we included an example in the video below)
How do you make softball practice fun?
From basics to more complex exercises, these effective drills will get players moving and having fun.
- Hitting Drill: Colored Balls.
- Fielding Drill: King of the Hill.
- Fielding Drill: Know Your Spot.
- Fielding/Hitting/Footwork Drill: Fungo Forceback.
- Throwing/Running Drill: 3, 2, 1 Run.
What are good softball drills?
To help you spice up your hitting practices, here are a few softball hitting drills to keep things fun:
- Pepper Game. To develop bat control and a short, quick swing.
- Colored Ball Soft Toss. The hitter learns to concentrate and keep the weight back.
- Two Hand Bat.
- Hitting Fungoes.
- Bounce in Front.
- Drop Toss.
What should I do at my first softball practice?
Emphasize proper fielding, throwing and hitting on this inaugural day, and make sure to keep the drills simple, positive and fun. A great way to keep your players interested in practice is to add teamwork, competition and enjoyment to the drills.
What do you do at a softball tryout?
Here are My Top 10 Tips for Players at Tryouts.
- Dress like a ball player. Wear softball pants; not shorts.
- Smile. Act like there’s no place in the world you would rather be.
- Take risks.
- Be self-sufficient.
- Look good failing.
How can I practice softball without equipment?
The following is a list of tips for practicing softball at home.
- Ball Handling. This first drill is an excellent way to improve your ball handling.
- Wall Ball.
- Momentum Drill.
- Behind the Back Hitting.
- One Leg Kneeling Drill.
- Full Swing.
How do I stop being scared of softball?
The best way to get them over the fear of the ball is to hit them with it. Have them stand in front of a fence, then stand back about 10 ft and throw it moderately hard at them. Dont allow them to move. I always have found that its best to make them close their eyes so that they dont squirm or try to avoid it.
What is the best workout for pitchers?
Traditional push exercises — bench press, dumbbell press, shoulder press, flyes and lateral raises — work the anterior shoulder and pectorals. These exercises develop power associated with pitching. However, it is equally important to train their opposing muscles.
What is a softball pitch?
The main pitches in softball are the fastball, changeup, curveball, drop ball and a pitch called a rise ball, which is a movement baseball doesn’t typically see.
What is a softball pitcher?
Pitcher. The pitcher is the individual who throws the ball from the middle of the diamond. As in baseball, fastpitch softball has a rubber used to control the pitchers delivery. A pitcher must have both feet on the rubber at the start of their delivery but neither foot is on the rubber when the ball is released.