How do I pass a PGCE interview?
How to prepare for your teacher training interview
- Tailor your preparation.
- Think of the qualities you’ll bring to teaching but don’t second-guess the questions.
- Read about the education sector.
- Show passion for your subject.
- Don’t forget about your other life experiences.
- Be prepared for more than just the formal interview.
What should I expect at a PGCE interview?
The structure of our interviews a presentation, plus a Q&A based on the presentation you’ve given. a formal interview. an English and Maths diagnostic assessment. a chance for you to ask any questions about the course.
What questions are asked in a PGCE interview?
Top 10 PGCE Interview Questions
- Why Do You Want to Be a Teacher?
- What Attracted You to This Particular PGCE Training Course?
- What Have You Learnt from Your Work Experience in Schools?
- Which of Your Qualities Will Make You a Great Teacher?
- What Qualities Do Pupils Look for in a Teacher?
What should I wear to my PGCE interview?
Suits are always a good choice. If a suit isn’t an option, try a pair of dress pants or skirt with coordinating top and blazer or cardigan. Women, consider a black sheath dress. For men who don’t want to go the suit route, we advise a button-down shirt and pants.
How long is a PGCE interview?
The individual interview usually lasts around 20 minutes but may be anything from five minutes to an hour.
Is it hard to get accepted for PGCE?
The PGCE is not an easy year. This is not so hard for mature students who have worked in industry or elsewhere, but it’s not so easy for recently qualified graduates coming straight from university to the PGCE. If you’re unsure, talk to your older peers and tutors, and your mentor, and get them to guide you.
How long does a PGCE interview last?
What do you wear to a teaching training interview?
Real Teachers Spill: What to Wear to a Teacher Interview
- Suits are always a good choice.
- If a suit isn’t an option, try a pair of dress pants or skirt with coordinating top and blazer or cardigan.
- A black sheath dress.
- For men who don’t want to go the suit route, we advise a button-down shirt and pants.
How do I succeed in PGCE?
Ten top tips for surviving a PGCE!
- Make use of your support network.
- Let assignments and evidence be your friend.
- Make mistakes.
- It’s okay to have a ‘moment’
- Enjoy your school placements.
- Build relationships with your pupils.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Remember why you are teaching.
Is a PGCE harder than a degree?
Now, a PGCE is harder than your undergraduate degree. However, a PGCE is a huge achievement and it’s a postgraduate qualification so it is a higher level of learning.
Is NQT year harder than PGCE?
Before September I had some doubts and fears about what awaited in my very own classroom, I had had an extended break from the actual practice of teaching and had heeded the numerous warnings from more experienced colleagues who clearly stated, “Your NQT year is far worse than your PGCE year, but don’t worry it gets a …