How do I change the author initials in Word comments?
2 Methods to Change Author Names for Comments
- First and foremost, click “Review” tab.
- Then click “Track Change” in “Tracking” group.
- Next, click “Change User Name”.
- Now the “Word Options” dialog box will pop up. Make sure the “General” tab is displayed. Then change the user name and initials.
- Finally, click “OK”.
Why does Word change my name to author in comments?
The replacement of reviewer names with “Author” occurs when the Document Inspector has been run on the document and told to remove document properties and personal information.
Can you change the name of the person making comments in Word?
1. In an opened Word document, click File > Options. In the Word Options window, make sure you are locating in the General tab, change the name in the User name box as below screenshot shown, and finally click the OK button. Now you have changed the default user name for comments in Word document.
How do I change the font size in comments in Word?
Changing font size in comment balloon
- Open Word 2016.
- Open Styles by pressing the Alt+Ctrl+Shift + S keys.
- On the Styles window, click Options.
- Select All styles for Select styles to show and then click OK.
- Select Balloon Text and then click the down arrow.
- Select Modify.
How do I change the author in Word 2010?
how to change author’s name in a word 2010 document? Go to File > Info and right click on the authors name (it’s on the right side of the dialog) there you will see an edit option.
How do I change the default author in Word?
Change the author name only in an existing document, presentation or workbook
- Click File, and then look for Author under Related People on the right.
- Right-click the author name, and then click Edit Property.
- Type a new name in the Edit person dialog box.
How do I protect author name in Word?
- select the all parts of your document that you want this parts are editable,
- go to file -> protect document -> Restrict editing -> in second option”editing restriction” check “allow only this type of editing in this document” then in bottom Tab select “no changes (read only)”
How do you change comments to anonymous in Word?
Making Sure Changes and Comments are Anonymous
- Click the Office button.
- At the left side of the screen choose Prepare | Inspect Document.
- Make sure all the available check boxes are selected.
- Click Inspect.
- Use the controls in the dialog box to get rid of any identifying information.
- Click the Close button when done.
How do I change the font in track changes?
You can change the font color and formatting of tracked changes by using the (Tools > Options)(Track Changes tab). The Track Changes tab of your (Tools > Options) diaplys some important settings relating to both comments and track changes.
How do I change the default font for comments in Word?
To use your favorite font in Word all the time, set it as the default.
- Go to Format > Font > Font. You can also press and hold. + D to open the Font dialog box.
- Select the font and size you want to use.
- Select Default, and then select Yes.
- Select OK.
How do I change the author name of a document in word?
Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Prepare, and then click Properties. In the Document Information Panel, type the author name in the Author box. Note: Changing the Author property in the Document Information Panel of an existing document has no effect on the User name setting in the Word Options dialog box.
How to delete the author name for comments in word?
2 Methods to Delete the Author Names for Comments. At first, there are 2 solutions for you to delete the author name. For Example, this is our sample: Firstly, open the document and click “File”, then “Info”. Next, click “Check for Issues” icon. On the drop-down list, click “Inspect Document”.
How are comments displayed as ” author ” in word 2016?
Comments in Word 2016 displayed as “Author” In Word 2016, when opening a document I am able to add comment and it display the right name. But when saving the file, those comments are automatically marked as “Author”. Any subsequent users who had comment to the document are also marked as “Author”.
Is there a way to change user names in word?
However, Word doesn’t have a straightforward way to change user names connected to existing comments and edits, so that tutorial only works for new comments and edits.