Are any Australian 20 cent coins valuable?
On most Australian coins, the base of the ‘2’ of the 20 cent coin is completely straight. Serious collectors are always on the hunt for rare finds: a rare $5 banknote from 1969 is worth an eye-watering $2,250 on collectors site M.R Roberts Wynyard Coins.
Are any 20c coins valuable?
He explains in 1981 the Royal Mint in London produced the 20c coins and also the Hong Kong $2 coins – with an employee mixed up the two molds resulting in the hybrid item. ‘It’s very valuable. There are less than 10 that are known to exist, and they value anywhere between $15,000 and $20,000.
Is a 20 cent coin rare?
Twenty cent coins are considered generally scarce, though the most common of these is the 1875-S 20-cent piece.
How much is 10 Australian cents worth?
|Value||10 Cents 0.10 AUD = 0.07 USD|
What Australian 50 cent coins are valuable?
Anyway, back onto the circulation issues. Truly uncirculated 50 cent coins from 1969 (cv $25), 1971 ($25), 1972 ($55), 1973 ($60), 1974 ($35), 1985 ($13), 1993 ($22) , and 1997 ($30) are all worth more than any commemorative 50c coin.
What Australian $2 coins are worth money?
4 Rare Australian 2 Dollar Coins
- 2013 Purple Stripe Coronation 2 Dollar Coin. The distinctive 2013 purple Coronation 2 Dollar coin was the first Australian coloured coin released specifically for circulation.
- 2012 Remembrance Day Red Poppy $2 Coin.
- 2008 or 2009 Double Struck 2 Dollar Coins.
What Australian coins are valuable?
Rare Australian Coins
- 1923 Halfpenny Very Fine.
- 1819 Sydney Halloran School Prize Silver Medal.
- 1813 NSW Silver Dump Type D/2 – PCGS XF45.
- 1856 Sydney Mint Half Sovereign Type I Fair.
- 1852 Adelaide Pound Type II PCGS AU53.
- 1852 Adelaide Pound Type II PCGS AU55.
- 1852 Adelaide Pound Type II PCGS AU58 (about Uncirculated)
What is the rarest Australian $2 coin?
He says Australia’s “rarest circulating $2 coin” was one of two commemorative coins issued for Remembrance Day in 2012. “5.8 million of these ‘Gold Poppy’ coins were made. These are worth around $10 in uncirculated condition,” he said in the video. While the other – the coloured poppy – can be worth far more.
Are any Australian 50 cent coins valuable?
What Australian coins are worth money?
Australian Dollar Coins that are Worth Money!
- Mules. Mules are coins that are struck by coin dies that were not intended to be used together.
- 1992 Mob of Roos Dollar Coin. The 1992 Mob of Roos dollar coin is the stuff of legends.
- Dollar Coins Struck on Wrong Planchets.
- 2001 Centenary of Federation Upset Dollar Coins.
What is the most valuable 50 cent Australian coin?
The mintages and CV’s are from the 2009 Pocket Guide to Australian Coin and Banknotes.
- 1970 Captain Cook Bicentenary 50 cent, mintage: 16,548,100, $7.00.
- 1977 Silver Jubilee 50 cent, mintage: 25,067,000, $4.00.
- 1981 Royal Wedding 50 cent (Charles and Diana), mintage: 20,000,000, $6.00.
What is a $2 coin worth?
Other auctions have the $2 pieces ranging from $5 to $20, while double rolls of the uncirculated coins are priced at $175. However TikTok money expert TheHistoryOfMoney, known as Joelo, is adamant the coins are only worth $2.
When was the first Australian 20 cent coin made?
The Royal Australian Mint issued Australian Dollar coins in 8 different denominations, including this Australian 20 cent coin. They are part of the Australian Dollar coins series. The Royal Australian Mint started issuing these 0.2 Australian Dollar coins in 1999. They are currently still in circulation.
How much is a 20 cent coin worth?
Through all Australian coin denominations you can find – if you know what you’re looking for – a variety of coins worth anything from a few dollars to a few thousand dollars! To help people understand what they need to look for in their change, Downies.com has released this helpful infographic on the Australian 20 cent coin.
Which is the highest denomination coin in Australia?
To help people understand what they need to look for in their change, Downies.com has released this helpful infographic on the Australian 20 cent coin. More infographics will follow shortly on everything from the now defunct one and two cent coins, all the way up to our highest denomination circulating release, the two dollar.
How much money can you find in Australian coins?
The fact is there are several hidden treasures available to find in ordinary circulating currency. Through all Australian coin denominations you can find – if you know what you’re looking for – a variety of coins worth anything from a few dollars to a few thousand dollars!